So Kel and I bought hats and did a little photoshoot in H&M until they got mad (very quickly). Afterwards, we went to the American store and got the remaining supplies for our Thanksgiving dinner. We arrived at my house and the turkey, the smell of thanksgiving filled our noses, it was SOOO good. Then we, Kel and I for the most part, made the stuffing, salad, and 3 pies. It was such a beautiful spread, we were really proud and my family seemed to really enjoy it, even though they never got why we piled our plates so high. I couldn't ever explain to them that the point to Thanksgiving was to eat so much until you pass out or get sick. I guess its not a Spanish thing. Another example of Spanish diet: I was out to coffee with my friend the other day and I don't know how we were on the subject but I said something about "eating bad" aka cookies chips all that....yeah he corrected me...."eating bad" in Spain is technically eating at all, meat, potatoes, anything. No wonder they are all so skinny if that's their philosophy. So that night we hung out with my brother and he invited us to a party at the university the next day...wait? day? yeah it started at noon. We ended up getting there around 2pm....here's the info: Friday afternoon, everybody skipping class, for a huge party, on campus.....loud music...tons of people....yeah who knew how that was set up, and stayed functioning all day. It was a fun time though.
That night I went out with Emily and then took a bus to the local (apartment)....It was raining and I walked from the stop to the local and got drenched, my brother's friends were so worried when I showed up all wet....I guess in Spain that's a sign of instant distress ( it doesn't rain much here) Saturday I went to the local again, and Sunday as well. It's a nice place to hang out.
Not much more to say...here's the music (Spanish and American) that I've been listening to lately:
- Ooh La - The Kooks
- Tenia Tanto Que Darte- Nena Daconte
- The Christmas Song- Nat King Cole
- Me Enemora- Juanes
- I'm Yours- Jason Mraz
- Three Little Birds- Bob Marley
- Ella Elle L'a- Kate Ryan
- Hey Oh- Red Hot Chili Peppers
Kelly trying to sneak into my gated community.
haha Kelly has taught my bro some special phrases, such as loser, with hand gestures as well...nice...
The University party
1 comment:
I love your "in my kitchen" picture! Your Thanksgiving looked very authentic, great job! I haven't yet been to the Starbucks in São Paulo yet, but I bet it'll be just the same as in Anacortes and Madrid. And I turned in my USC application yesterday! I even had two hours to spare! But with the time difference, that made it about 4:00 in the morning here. Ugh...
I love reading your blog! I laughed a lot at this one. I wish I could have been there to see your fashion shoot get shut down. And that picture of Kelli(?) climbing the wall into your community- hilarious!
Alright, I've babbled enough here. I love you! Keep posting!
Post a Comment