This is the email I just sent all the people on my group email list. If you are not on it and would like to be then just leave a comment with your email on it! Thanks!
Hello everybody:
So I would usually wait a couple more weeks to write this email but in light of recent events I thought I better move the date of this. I dont know how many of you have heard this but I will now be making a move to Madrid on friday and staying there the remainder of the time.
When I arrived at the airport my host parents were there to greet me. They were very sweet. Then Tomasso from the head of rotary in Spain came to meet me. He had me call my parents and afterwards broke the news to me. I guess he didnt want me to break his phone bill explaining it to my parents.
The reason why i have to leave my sweet family in Palencia is because their daughter did not like it in Canada. She was very sad there so she returned only 25 days into her exchange. when Tomasso explained that to me Nieves (my host mom) began crying...she had told him that she already loved me from my emails and wanted me to stay with her. but on friday I will go to Madrid with ALL my luggage for the conference and then stay there.
To my dear Canadians, I dont mean to worry you by telling you the next part because Tomasso told me he would "flag" (?!) me if anythign happened but at my new home in madrid i have 3 brothers...haha their ages are....23 21 and 18. So seeing as how i have never lived in a house with males besides my father this should be very interesting.
Anyways, things are going well here i've already been to my first day of school I met some nice girls that explained things to me in english. I only went to 2 classes today psychology and history. It was all lecture style so i had quite a lot of time to listen. I also went around town today with Blanca and its all very beautiful.
For those of you that i showed pictures to on the interent that church that was in the picture is RIGHT next to my house VERY beautiful and then the river is right down the street. I havent had much time to explore though because of school and being very tired still.
Im going to post this email on my blog and you can all leave comments there or just email me back. I love you alllll. Happy Birthday Mom!!! i dont know when that exactly will be because of the time differences but I hope its all good. Oh and tell Toncica that i got a very beautiful chain for the crest.
Talk to you later.
Maddy
Tuesday, September 16, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Ay! What a change! I hope this is at least as exciting as it is disorienting. Your family in Palencia seems so awesome, it's too bad you can't simply live with them. But three host brothers! You're going to have a great time. I'm glad you're getting settled in well. :)
MADDY!
first, kararfox@gmail.com is my email. (don't forget the "r" between kara and fox)
i'll check your blog but would love to be added to any mass emails as well!
how suuuuuuppppeeerrrr cool that you're in spain!!!
buena suerte, chiquita. que te vaya muy muy bien!!
xo
kara
Post a Comment