Monday, October 20, 2008

Poker y mi primer discoteca!!

Update!!
So thursday i went into Madrid to go shopping with my other exchange student friends...mainly to find a dress for my friend Kelly's birthday party on the 30th. We all went to a Japanese restaurant with a conveyor belt...because of previous experience we got the best seat (you can't have it any other way) and got to grab all the best stuff. It was all you could eat lunch for 8 euros...they had a wide variety too. not bad. a new favorite spot! We then continued shopping...i found a dress... among a couple other items...I wont take the time to list them here ;) That was my first shopping experience in Spain.
My exchange friends Emily, Vin, and Robyn at the restaurant. It cost 2 Euros for one of those bottles of water. rediculous.

Friday I went to my brother Christian's friends house where we played a lonnnnnng game of poker. I'm sure they are all long but this was my first time actually sitting through a full one. I actually helped play too! I was on my brothers team and when he was done playing I began to help a friend of his. There were probably about 10 guys around the table. They got pretty rowdy haha. It was all very fun to observe. I learn a lot of new words at these gatherings due to the repetition, but they are words I probably shouldn't repeat a lot. All of Chris's friends are warming up to me being an addition to their group of friends. And since now I am able to understand a lot more and talk when i know what to say everything runs a lot smoother and I feel like people are starting to get who i am as a person too. It is also nice to have the group of exchange students that I do. They are all better than I am at spanish so it is actually helpful for me to be around them because they are the best teachers I could have. They are also a really amazing support group and people I can fully listen to and they can do the same for me. Anyways we, after playing the game of poker (that got up to a 57 euro pot), we played Risk, of course, they are addicted to that game. 

The next day was a big day for all the Madrid residents...It was the day RealMadrid played Atletico....the two Madrid teams...wow intense. We were at Christian's friends house again and there were about 15 of us...and 2 of them (Chris and Suarez) were rooting for Atletico the rest of us were RealMadrid fans. RM scored a goal in the first 30 seconds and closer to the end of the game Atletico tied it up....with seconds left in the game there was a foul in the goal box so RM scored a goal off of that...we won!! Yay!!! haha. We all split off after that planning to meet up in Majadahonda within the hour. Chris and I headed home while he explained to me that it was his friends birthday and that we were going to go to a discoteca! My first one!!  I met Laura, the birthday girl, and right away she was the sweetest thing. I was in touch with my exchange friends and I planned to meet up with them at a metro stop at 12....Christian insisted that he meet the guy that was with my exchange friends and Chris and his two friends charlie and suarez waited with me for 2o minutes before they showed up. Spaniards are so good at just taking it easy...I never have to worry about being late...or making them wait...because its always..."no preocupes"  with them. Once we met up, Gonzalo, the Spanish guy we were with decided he was tired...so we ended up calling my brother back and he met us at the metro to walk us to the club. He is very protective of his little sister. and his friends have kind of taken on that role as well. It is quite comforting in the streets of Madrid. We ended up getting in the discoteca for free because Laura had friends working there. So we definitely danced the night away....It wasn't the discoteca I imagined it was more Spanish music than techno, which was surprisingly REALLY fun. The bus was so packed on the way home that Chris and I had to sit on the exit steps. Below are pictures from Saturday night/Sunday morning.
Here's us waiting for the metroEmily, Robyn and I in the club
Suarez, Emily, Me, and two other guys that loved having their pictures taken.
That's us exchange students dancing ...love it
Thats the downstairs of the discoteca
 Me and the Spaniards: Charlie, Suarez, Me and I always forget the other two people's names! There are just too many to remember.

Then Sunday I went to my brother Sapi's fútbol game. If his friends weren't playing then they were there watching. There were about 7 other games going on at the same time as well. Sapi scored two goals to tie the score and then they won in the last 20 seconds with a final goal. Sound familiar?! everybody was saying how it was like the RM game. After that we made our way home to prepare for the week ahead...

No comments: