Wednesday, April 8, 2009

Summertime and the livin's easy

Hey Everyone!
Sorry for such a long wait, but I have been quite detached from the computer the past month. I had an absolutely amazing time in Italy. It is a beautiful country and I plan to return in the future. Here are the top five favorite moments from my 8 days in Italy:
1. Singing Happy Birthday to an old German man who was on vacation with his wife, we went up to him to as if he could take a picture of a group. After this he and his wife hopped in for a picture with all of us and then somehow, with no common language we found out his name and that it was his birthday. He videotaped us singing to him, and I got a video of this as well. It definitely showed us all the kindness and a smile transcends all language boundaries.
2.The Statue of David. Oh my goodness, it took my breath away. My favorite part was his left arm the bend of it, and that elbow. So perfect.
3. Seeing the ocean for the first time in 6 1/2 months. It sounds weird, but I almost cried, it just felt like home. I was so happy. It was in Naples as well, so a pretty decent place to rediscover the ocean.
4. Our chaperone, Ale, singing 'Chain of Fools' for one of the exchnagee's birthday, then we went and hung out on the beach in a city close to Venice.
5. Venice, everything, but especially the last meal there that I shared with my friend Kelly, we had delicious pesto pasta right on the canal.
and I just have to add one more..
6. The leaning tower of Pisa. As a group we built 10 person pyramids and rode around on bike carts that fit 5 people. We really bonded as a group that day.

Italy was definitely an experience!

Since then it's been Semana Santa in Spain. My host parents are gone and me and my friends have just been laying out by the pool, soaking up the Spanish sun, having BBQs, playing poker and ping pong, and going on runs. All in all I'm thoroughly enjoying these last months I have here. School is almost out, and it's going to be sad to say goodbye to those friends but the friends I am always with, we are all just so close now, I don't want to think about leaving them. I will update again soon. Hope all is well back home. I'd love to hear from you all!
Besossss
Maddy

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah! XOXO It's late here. Good night.

Love, Demi

Anonymous said...

Hey Maddy. Sounds like you are having a great time. I am incredibly jealous and very happy for you. I miss you and am glad to see you doing so well.

Love Cousin Moni

Anonymous said...

Hi Maddykins, Grandma here. I miss you so much and i just loved the videos. The pillow fight, the birthday, OMG you are having such a great time. And summer time, ooh yeah. Life is good. Love, G-ma

Kevin said...

Oooh, the ocean must have been so wonderful! And I love the story of the German couple and the birthday song =]